Monday, November 19, 2012

Drifting From Disciplines? (1)

Dear friends, I love you and long to see you. Please keep on being faithful to the Lord. You are my pride and joy. (Philippians 4:1) CEV

Paul is saying to the Philippians, you are my pride and joy; please stay faithful to the Lord. Another words stay on track; don't drift from the disciplines you have learned in staying strong in the Lord. One of the greatest disciplines in being successful in your spiritual journey, is to start each day by reading God's love letter to you.

Before Vonnell and I got married, she went overseas to spend three months with her dad station in the army. This was before the e-mail system came along. We wrote each other hand written letters every single day. One day I went to the mailbox and there was no letter. The next eleven days went by and still no letters. My heart began to doubt and a fear rose within me that something was deadly wrong with our relationship.

When you and I fail to read God's love letter on a daily basis, we fail to see His love and peace and joy and plans for our lives. We just can't stay full of faith and peace in our journey without mediating daily on His word.

God says; "Without faith it is impossible to please God, he that cometh to God must believe that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. God says; "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God. David said, Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee. " 

If you are not discipline to read His love letter each day your heart will grow faint and weak. On the 12th day guess what? 12 letters showed up in the mailbox from my baby. Yes, the mail system had caused my heart to skip a few beats but after that day was I ever filled with joy and a smile that wouldn't go away. Her letters charged my heart that everything was great on her end. God wants to reassure each of us that everything is good on His end.

Refuse to drift from the discipline of His word for your life each day. Before you check your face-book and twitter, the news, your stocks, and texting back your favorite friends, Go see what God's love letter has to say to encourage your heart and mind for the challenges of the day. Find a system, yourversion.com is a great way to track your daily time in the word. Find what works for you and stay with it. You are God's pride and joy.
dannysdevotional.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Danny. I missed the word today and this is a gentle warning to get back to reading it because I am missing out on a lot when I don't.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete