Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Mother's Dream for Her Child

What Mom Taught Me:  1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE: "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside -- I just finished cleaning!" 2. My mother taught me RELIGION: You better pray that will come out of the carpet." 3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL: "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" 4. My mother taught me LOGIC: "Because I said so, that's why!"

We could go on and on about great things that Mom has taught each of us, but in all honesty, what about things that truly CHANGES ones DESTINY?

So many kids in our world are getting caught up in the undertows of society. Hollywood and those like Miley Cyrus pretend that anything goes today as long as you’re having fun. Regardless of the consequences from sex outside of marriage, drugs, alcohol, live it up; it’s all part of living life on this side of heaven. That is not the dream for every Mother’s child.

Our kids today need Godly direction, a moral compass, training, encouragement and a positive influence that will change their destiny for the good.

Every Christian Mom truly wants to see her kids SAVED. The greatest ways to see your kids saved is to live the life of Christ in front of them. Esther was in engaged in the process of seeing her Jewish people saved from Haman who schemed and plotted to destroy them. She risked her own life to see each of them saved from destruction.

Every Christian Mom truly wants to see her kids fulfill their PURPOSE in life. God created everybody with an assignment. Mom, you can encourage and enhance your child toward their purpose. Sarah conceived a child when she was ninety years old. No doubt she inspired her son Isaac and others to use their faith in spite of the odds against them. Mom, let your kids see your faith, perseverance, character, joy, peace, patience, a good attitude and one willing to go the distance to see their dreams fulfilled.

Every Christian Mom truly wants to see her kids be GIVERS AND NOT TAKERSMarvin Stone gave us the straw for drinking in 1888. Witcomb Judson gave us the zipper in 1893. Willis Carrier gave us the air conditioner in 1902. Adolf Fick gave us the contact lenses in 1887. Living with a sense of entitlement only leads to starvation. The greatest fulfillment in the world is learning to give back. And believe me, it’s the nature of God within us to give back.

Every Christian Mom truly wants to see her kids MAKE HEAVEN THEIR HOME
Can you imagine living in heaven without your kids? Will your kids make heaven their home? If you don’t teach them in the way they should go, how will they know when they make wrong turns in life? God gave kids “Parents” not to be their friends but to be their parents. I didn’t always like being the tough guy coming down on my kids, but “O”, I’m so glad that I did to see them follow Christ. Mom, Dad don’t give up, God has their name and will complete His work. Mom, don’t back off from the DREAMS you have for your kids. God is for you and will help you to be the woman and Mom that He has called you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment