Friday, December 22, 2017

FIND A NEED AND FILL IT

Danny BAGGETT
10 minutes
Jesus said, "Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” My wife and I have watched the hand of God open the heavens over our lives as a result of being obedient in our giving. 

Many years ago I heard Bill Wilson say, "Find a need and fill it." He was at our church preaching and I gave this introduction of how he must have heard from God to go to New York and at that time was reaching and ministering weekly to 10,000 kids each week. The first words out of "his mouth" were, "Folks I didn't hear God tell me to go to New York, I just found a need and filled it." 

"WOW" I won't go into the theology of that statement but I will say many times we are wrong in waiting on God's BIG booming voice to speak to us to go and fill a need.

Most of Jesus miracles were interruptions that "He filled the need when it came before him." What about you and me?

No comments:

Post a Comment