Sunday, December 29, 2013

Realigning for the New Year


Recently I had to realign my sprinkler heads at home because several of them were shooting water out in the wrong direction. Green algae began to grow in certain areas on my driveway, all because of sprinkler heads that were out of alignment.
If you’re an owner of a car, you most likely realize the importance of keeping the front-end of your car aligned. Picture yourself cruising down the most beautiful road in the world. Now imagine driving down that same road with your wheels pointing the wrong way. Not the most beautiful road in the world anymore. A car with a front-end out of alignment can ruin tires, destroy your front- end and cause a strong pull in the wrong direction.

There is no such thing as roads and highways without potholes. America’s highways are constantly being maintained to make our cars drive more safe and secure. I would add, there is no journey in the Christian life without potholes. Hitting tough places can cause great discouragement, disappointment and even doubts in life. They can result in one losing their Confidence, Courage and even the Cause to complete the journey God’s way.

The Word of God supports REALIGNMENT and a close examination of our spiritual life can sharpen our Confidence, Courage and Cause in life. Ask yourself, “Have I lost my cutting edge in my prayer life; has reading His Word and attending the House of God become dull? Am I pressing toward the mark that God has prepared for my life? Am I drifting away from Gods promises and my purpose here on earth?

Abraham Lincoln reportedly once said, “If I had 60 minutes to cut down a tree, I would spend 40 minutes sharpening the ax and 20 minutes cutting it down.” Elisha’s students were building a new dormitory. While cutting down a tree, the ax-head came off its handle. The student quickly realized that he wouldn’t get a lot accomplished without his ax-head. Many today are trying to live out their life without the cutting edge of God’s Confidence, Courage and His Cause.
I’m convinced today that you can regain your cutting edge. Yes, God used Elisha to cause the ax-head to float again, and the student reached down and picked it up out of the top of the muddy Jordon River. Regardless of the painful potholes in life, God is able to renew you in order for you to reach the mark He has created for your life.

You may say, “Can God correct my out of alignment Courage to do His will? Is it possible to repair the yucky mistakes of the past that’s deluded my confidence? Can I get God’s Cause back in my life? With high-powered chemicals and a hot water pressure cleaner, all the yucky glooby goo algae came off my driveway and today it sparkles. God has the Supreme Power NOW to clean up and realign your life where again, you will have the cutting edge of Confidence, Courage and His Cause for the sparkled journey He’s planned out for your life.   
dannysdevotiuonal.com 


Realigning for the New Year - video message          

No comments:

Post a Comment