Saturday, April 26, 2014

What Are You Doing to Make a Move on Your Dream?

When I was sixteen years old, I met the most beautiful girl I had ever met in my life. She was quite a catch; I knew I had to play it very cool and calm to ever attract someone like her. After 3 months, one day she came right out and asked me, “When are you going to ask me out”? I almost fainted from her bold move. Well, three years later she walked down the aisle as we were married and thirty-eight years later we have a GOD DREAM marriage that He put together.

What are you doing today to make a move on your dream? Is it your dream to be a teacher, fireman, lawyer, doctor, preacher, housewife, or a  mom with four kids? I’m convinced that many folks miss their dreams because they haven’t done anything to prepare themselves for their dream.

When Joshua was very young, he made a move toward his God given dream. As a leader he believed that Israel was more than able to go in and possess the land that God had ordained. It was only an eleven day journey from Egypt to the Promised Land, but ten doubters stopped the entire dream from happening. Hebrews 11:6 says, “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

Several things will ATTACK your making a move on your dream. First, “DOUBT” is a major weapon that Satan uses to stop people like the ten spies from making preparations for their dream.

Hell says, “You can’t be a Pilot, Nurse, Judge, Veterinarian or an Orthodontist. You’re not smart enough; you don’t have the money to go to college or to put your first book into print. You just don’t have what it takes” Hell attacks you with doubt, doubt and MORE doubt.
Mark Twain said "Twenty years from now, you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did do."

Why don’t you begin to use your FAITH as you make a move on your dream? One day, I really did have my first date with my now wife Von Nell. Was I scared and nervous with sweaty palms? You better believe I was. But like John Wayne once said, “Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.” When are you going to ‘saddle up’ and make a move on your pilot’s license, that home you have believed for, the dream job? Quit allowing the devil’s doubts to overwhelm you. Choose today to FEED your Faith and STARVE your doubts. You will be amazed what the Lord will do as YOU make the move on your dream.

Revelation 3:8 says; "I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me.” Joshua eventually walked through that open door all because he never quit. What are you doing today to make preparations for the GOD- Given desires and dreams HE has placed in your heart? Have you made your first move yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment