Sunday, October 26, 2014

Momentum on God's Assembly Line 2

I have never seen a gifted baseball team go to a World Series lethargic, bored, unenthused, or wanting to be somewhere else. What I have seen is excitement, enthusiasm, and an eagerness to play ball with excellence and tenacity like no other time in their life.

Last year my wife and I were excited to give our grand-kids, Caleb and Addison their Christmas gifts. We bought some pedal cars for their little feet to ride and enjoy. It took better than 3 hours to put together each contraption. I approached the BOXES with excitement and tenacity to see their little feet having the time of their life. As I began the project, I dealt with some frustrations and perplexity in completing the job; it’s usually no different in “opening the packages” that God has for our assignment in life.
Joshua, David, Nehemiah and many others opened their life packages, or “callings”, with excitement and enthusiasm which led to many challenges in fulfilling their call and mandate.

           WHAT DOES GOD SEE WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR GIFT PACKAGES IN LIFE?

·      YOUR Eagerness or Procrastination? When we gave our grand-kids their presents, it didn't take them long to sit in their new pedal cars and give it a go. Eagerness has a way of pushing everything else aside and moving you forward. Procrastination has a way of doing more pleasurable things in place of less pleasurable ones, and thus putting off impending tasks to a later time, sometimes to the "last minute" before the deadline. Will you act on God’s calling before YOUR deadline is up? “Twenty years from now you’ll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did do.” (Mark Twain)

·        YOUR EXCITEMENT OR  BOREDOM? Nehemiah launched a new rebuilding of the broken walls in Jerusalem with great enthusiasm and passion. King Artaxerxes had given him permission, provision and a passport to move forward. There was no time to be bored with what God was putting together for Gods people. Have you seen something you can make better? Is there something broken that you can fix? Then ask God to give you favor, provision and a passport to make it happen. Is there a kids class without a teacher, a broken water pipe, a lawn gone ugly, a worship team without a drummer, or someone broken with pain?


·      YOUR EXCELLENCE OR MEDIOCRITY? Jesus said, “I MUST be about my Father’s business.” I doubt when you pass away you will be saying; “I sure wish I had of manicured my yard, worked more hours on my job, or spent more time improving my golf game.” I am sure you will be saying, “Why didn't I spend more time doing what Christ gifted me to do for Him?”

No comments:

Post a Comment