Thursday, August 23, 2012

Lifting Up Or Taking Down?

Job Chapter 4-36

Some people's words are like and elevator, they either take you up or take you down. Jobs three friends have said nothing to encourage or to edify Job in his worst nightmare. Have you ever thought about, "A pat on the back, though only a few vertebrae away, gets greater results than a kick in the pants."
It's amazing to me that as close to God as these assumed they were; they still couldn't say something to help and edify him in his own oxymoron of life. No matter how many years you have served God, you may still find yourself in a quagmire that makes no sense.

God says we walk by faith and not by sight. Each of us will find seasons in our spiritual journey where we may have more questions in the end than we have answers for.

God tells us it's from faith to faith, from glory to glory. None of us know what a day may bring forth. So what is the answer to all of our dilemmas? The grass withereth and the flower fadeth but the word of God remains forever. (Isaiah 40:8)

Job could have easily given up in this season of life, but rather he dug in and believed in His God. Somehow Job decided to stand still and see how God would bring him through his ordeal.

Many years ago I was in a very difficult season in my journey. All I could hear God say was "Stand still and you will see the salvation of the Lord." In that difficult season, I also had a leader friend come along telling me it was time to pack up and move on. I went home so down and despondent over his words.

I'll never forget what God spoke to my heart, "Why would you place more value in his words than you would my words to you?" I had to repent that I had placed too much stock into his words. Friend never forget that God's words are greater than the words of a man.

Job didn't have a man to stand with him in his dilemma but he held on till God's words would come and sustain him in his storm of life.

Friend be so careful and cautious in how you speak to one of your friends in their own oxymoron of life. It may be you next time that's trying to figure out your own rubik's cube in life. It may be you next time that's in your own tsunami of life. Remember, "A friend loves at all times and is born for a time of adversity." (Proverbs 17:17)

Let the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart always be acceptable in thy sight. Are your words today taking people up or taking people down?
dannysdevotional.com
oceanwayag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment