Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Joy? 3

How many days and nights have YOU put your Joy on HOLD? Each of us knows what it is to get hung up at a stalled red-light, being thirsty waiting on a waitress to refill our drink, or sitting in a waiting room to see the doctor when you have a hundred other things to do. It’s easy to get on edge in the Wait!
David said, “This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.”(Psalms 118:24) All of us know it’s just not that easy. David had many seasons in his life where he had to wait on the Lord to deliver him in his difficulty. Somewhere in life, if you’re to enjoy this day, your faith has to say, “My God knows best.”

Most of our restlessness as a born again believer is over not trusting the Lord in the wait. I can’t tell you the times that I have had to wait on a promise. When I was young in my training, I wrestled with, “When will God open the door for the dream ministry?” I have also watched God act, when I was saying, “God, do you still know where I am?”

The lesson to be learned is this. When God finally opens the door will you then say like I did, “Why did I waste so much time being restless, frustrated, aggravated, annoyed in the wait when God had it all planned out after all?

Learn to enjoy THIS DAY that God has made for your life. Refuse to say, “I’ll be happy WHEN my miracle, my break-through, or my victory comes”. NO, say like Paul, “I Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice.”(Philippians 4:4)

Dannysdevltional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment