Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sweet Giving = Sweet Living 3

I’ve heard people say for years, “Pastor, if I ever hit the lottery or strike it big with my business, then I’ll start giving to God’s Church.” Who are they kidding? Giving doesn’t start by being prosperous. Did you know the average personal income in the State of Mississippi is the second lowest in the United States, yet that State is ranked 6th in charitable giving. By contrast, New Hampshire is ranked 6th in average personal income, but guess where they rank in charitable giving- 45th!  A big income doesn't mean you have a big heart!

 Henry Ward Beecher warned that prosperity could actually make us less likely to give: "Watch, lest prosperity destroy generosity." People in the United States live in the most prosperous country in the world, during the most prosperous time in its history, yet only 2.5 percent of their income goes to charity; that's lower than it was during the Great Depression!

If you desire to become a more generous person, don't wait for your income to change, change your heart! Jesus said; “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” (Matthew 6:21) When we get to heaven, some of the greatest words I’ll ever hear will be, “Danny, Well done, thou good and faithful servant.” Is that what He will say when you stand at The Judgment Seat of Christ? I’m not trying to provoke fear, but friend, if you’re born again and you want to hear Christ say to you, “Well done,” think about your GIVING Right Now!

When you get to heaven it will be too late to say, “Lord, I wanted to bring my tithes to Your House, but I was fearful.” It will be too late to say, “God, I desired to give to missions so people could hear the Gospel in China, Japan, Vietnam, Haiti and other places in the world, but I wasn’t sure how I would pay my electric, the mortgage and put food on the table. Excuses will be judged harshly, Look at the servant in (Matt:25:18 ) who hid his treasure and did NOTHING! GIVE NOW not later. You say; “Danny, is Christ really watching my giving?” The widow woman placed two coins in the offering at the temple, Jesus sat near the collection box watching and said, “Today she has given more than the rest because she gave all she had.” “YES,” He is watching.

The first five minutes in heaven you will be saying, “I’m sure glad my preacher told me the truth about what I should do with my income on earth.  A lot of people fear the IRS because they know that they have to give an account of their taxes during the year. Jesus said, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s and to God the things that are God’s.” Will He open THE BOOKS of our GIVING to Him? Absolutely, And any skittish preacher not telling you the truth should be reminded that preachers will also stand accountable on the Day of Judgment!

Paul didn’t hold back telling the Corinthians in Chapter 16:2 Now I will write about the collection of money for God’s people. Do the same thing I told the Galatian churches to do: 2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should put aside money as you have been blessed.” Are you putting aside the FIRST PART, the TITHE that belongs to God? Do it with JOY friend and you will see the heavens open up over your life! There’s only one place in the Bible where God says; “PROVE ME if I will not open to you the windows of heaven.” (Malachi 3:10Move beyond the ordinary and walk into the extraordinary and WATCH GOD act on your behalf with BLESSINGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment