Sunday, April 19, 2015

Seeing Into The Future “The Countdown Is On!”

My wife and I were sitting in a California restaurant on our 15th Wedding Anniversary. While sitting there, the table and an upper shelf on the wall with glasses on them begin to shake. We were experiencing our first literal tremor. It only lasted a few seconds but I was amazed how the glasses on the shelves above us didn’t fall. I asked the waitress, “How did they stay in place?” She said, “Oh, it happens all the time; that’s why the glasses are glued down to the shelf.”

Just how glued down are you in your faith and confidence in God? God warns us not to panic when trouble and tough times come in The End Times. He says, “Don’t allow your heart to be troubled.” He says, “Be not afraid!” “You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.” (Matt 24:6)
John 14:1-3 is a very encouraging word for each of us as we approach the End Times. “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. 2 There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.

Friend, Satan is the source and the one who stirs up worry, panic, fear and paranoia in people’s hearts. Jesus describes many things that will happen prior to and after His coming in Matthew 24. In Matthew 25, He describes a picture of “The Judgments” that will come. He says, “Ten virgins will be heading to a wedding, five of them will have enough oil but five will run out of oil.” The oil is a symbol of those who live with the presence of the Holy Spirit. These are those who live with peace, confidence and without fear before the bridegroom comes. But then there will be those who will run out of oil before the bridegroom comes.
Are you living with His oil? Living without oil, or the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, will cause you to live in fear, panic, anger, nervousness, annoyance and frustration with the things that are prophesied to come in the end on the earth.

A few days ago I was up a bit early cleaning our hardwood floors. I noticed that several light bulbs were out, making it more difficult to see and clean. As I was changing one of the bulbs, I put in one that was making a lot of noise; it sounded like it was going to explode. I took it out and put one in that was much quieter. There are times that we’re a noisy light to the world. We’re all uptight, fearful, nervous, sounding like we’re ready to explode with the stress and tension in life.
Friend, refuse to live uptight! You will live a lot “quieter” and at peace when His Holy Spirit is in control of your emotions, actions and focus in life. His Word will help you to see clearly the things to clean out of your life. To put it in modern language, Jesus was saying, “Chill Out” and clean out your worries. “Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid.” He is coming! We should be excited, energized, keyed up with joy and an expectation that He’s coming any day, any hour anytime!!! I’m excited knowing that TODAY could be the day He returns for His Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment