Saturday, April 25, 2015

"Seeing Into The Future with CHEER!!"


Can somebody really be cheerful with all the setbacks they face in life? Let me ask, “How many of you like to hang out with somebody that’s gloomy, down, defeated, sad, dejected, discouraged, or downcast?” Jesus admonishes us with His powerful words for this journey. He tells us how to get through our challenges, potholes, and curves that we all face in life with CHEER!
The disciples had just been a part of the incredible miracle of feeding five thousand men plus women and children. Wouldn’t you have liked to have heard their conversation as they left heading out across the lake that night? They had never seen anything like that before! How do you feed thousands of people with two fishes and 5 loaves of bread?  “WOW”
No doubt, Satan was attempting to sabotage their faith and excitement in experiencing such a miracle. Jesus sent them across the lake as He went up to the mountain to pray. About 3 AM, a terrific storm came down on the lake that threatened their lives in the boat. Jesus was very aware where His disciples were the entire time. In the storm, Jesus came to them walking on the water. They were frightened. Some said, “Is it a ghost?” Jesus said, “Be of good cheer, it is I, be not afraid.” (Matthew 14: 27)  The Greek word is “tharseĆ³:” meaning, to be of “Good Cheer.” Jesus was saying to us, “When you’re in your storm, Cheer Up, I’m still there; I haven’t gone anywhere and I’ve got you covered!”  Peter says, “Lord, if that’s you, ask me to come.” Peter walks on the water before looking at the winds and going under, then cries to the Lord,“Save me.” Jesus reaches for him and together they climb into the boat and then the winds became calm!
Today the Lord stands at the right hand of the Father making intercession for His children. He knows right where you are at every moment, every confrontation, and every dilemma you face. It’s a choice to be confident that He has you covered when these tough times come.
Some say, “Well, I’ll be cheerful when my marriage gets better, when my money matters work out, when I find the spouse I’ve been looking for.” Some say, “When my kid gets off drugs, when my health gets better, when my dream comes to pass, THEN, I’ll be cheerful.” That’s NOT what Jesus teaches! He says, “BE CHEERFUL NOW.” Don’t wait till your storm is over. Don’t put off your cheer till “One Day.” Paul was in the middle of a raging storm with 276 prisoners. God sent him a message on the ship, “I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man's life among you, but of the ship.” (Acts 27:22) That was one rocky ride; yes, the ship broke into pieces, but God was saying, “CHEER UP! I’ve got you in my hands
Life is too short to live with defeat until you see the SUN rise again. Jesus, THE SON of GOD will show up and cause the sun to shine again for you. Nowhere does God say that life is without its bumps and bruises. Go ahead, SMILE today, God is FOR you. He says, “No weapon formed against you shall prosper.” Be of good cheer, He knows how to finish what He has started in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment