Tuesday, August 30, 2016

What’s Keeps Blowing Up in Your Face? (3)

A few days ago I was cooking steaks on the grill for our family. I have had a challenge with this grill in the past to get the fire started. I turned on the gas, but it struggled to light up. Suddenly with my lighter, it blew up with one big explosion of fire. It singed part of my eyebrows, part of my hair, heated up my face with sunburn like I had been in Hatti for a week. ‘Wow”, I think it’s time to take action with a new grill.

I am so thankful that God says, “You are not alone.” How many times has God proven to you that “He Is There!” In so many ways He sends reminders that He is “ALWAYS THERE.”

In your deep waters, He’s there. Who ever said that once you come to Christ that there would not be any storms, winds, and adversity. Jesus declares just the opposite!  “In the world, you shall have tribulation but be of good cheer.” John 16:33 “When you walk through the waters I will be with you.” Ish 43:2 “Dear brothers and sisters when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.” James 1:2 “Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.” Psalms 23:4

Instead of allowing the fire to make you doubt, become discouraged or disheartened, allow it to become an “OPPORTUNITY” to Grow, to Press, to Persevere, to Learn, to Advance, to Push and Prod ahead.

Refuse to get bitter, get better. Say, “What the enemy meant for evil, God will turn it for good.” When Joseph was falsely accused and sent to prison for a crime he didn’t do, he could have said, “God why are you allowing this? Do you still love me; do you still know where I am? What happened to the dream you gave me?”

God is still in control when things seem to be out of control. Remember, God will always bring about His plans in His timing! Joseph waited nearly 13 years before he would be promoted to become the prime minister of the land of Egypt and administrate a harvest through a famine that would save thousands in the land. All because Joseph was “Patient” watching God develop “His plan of action.”

It’s all about trusting in the fact that “You are not alone.” God says, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:8, Remember God says, “ Looking unto Jesus, the author, and finisher of our faith.”

Let Kari Jobe song be a reminder to you, “I am not alone.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfveawSAHJA



No comments:

Post a Comment