Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Steady My Feet

In my devotion this morning I read where David said, “He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. Psalm 40:2b
In the last 2 trading days, our financial markets on the Dow fell more than 1800 points. Uncertainty is in the news and financial analyst will give their opinions. History and experience show that these times can lead to panic and some will give in to their emotions created from fear. Choose today like David said in his own times of uncertainty, “Steady me as I walk along.”
DJ Burrell, one of my dear friends who served as our Penn Florida financial treasure in the A/G for 33 years, said in a prior season of uncertainty, “Danny in these times you have to have nerves of steel.” That is so true and DJ knew the one who really gets any of us through anything; the God who steadies our feet and causes us to not give way to panic and fear. Regardless if your situation today is your finances, your health, you’re marriage, your kids, or your job?
Listen to Gods Word and His wisdom will teach each of us not to live with panic, worry, anxiety or fear, but rather CONFIDENCE in His hand that will never fail us nor let us down or let us go. Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. Phil 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment