Thursday, November 3, 2011

More? Dead things to Life

Have you ever seen something in a man or woman of God that you said, "surely there must be more than what I have?"

What was it that Elisha saw in Elijah that made him say I want more than what you have? Elisha saw a man that knew how to get through a famine. He saw a man help a needy widow get through her own famine. The next incredible thing Elisha took note of was, what to do when a widow's son dies.

In this life I see many people who are dealing with the death of their marriage, their job, their finances, their dreams, their hope in life. The widow son had died and now she is pleading out to the prophet for help.

This great man of God takes the son and stretches out himself 3 times over the son and prays with all his might that the boy might live. God listen to Elijah's prayer and put breath back into his body-he was now alive!

What has died in your world that has caused you great grief? Is God any different today than he was in Elijah's day? Can God raise the dead again in our day?

I have seen God take a marriage that was dead, no life in the least in the union. I have watched him resurrect and place a new love in that marriage. I have watched God take a person's dream that was in the rubble and bring new hope and life again into their heart.

God says; "greater works shall ye do because I go to my father."  I recently read a miracle from a Reinhard Bonnke crusade. Here is the interview between Robertson and Bonnke.

ROBERTSON: I want you to tell us about a man that was in one of your meetings. He was hit by a car. I understand he was stiff and rigormortis had set in. I don't know if they had embalmed him or not.
BONNKE: They did.
ROBERTSON: He had been embalmed?
BONNKE: He was embalmed, but not the way it is done in America with the removal of organs. They injected chemicals into the body to slow down decay, since there was no refrigeration.
ROBERTSON: So what happened?
BONNKE: His wife was one with a promise from God that woman have received back the dead by resurrection. She said, 'My husband will come back, and I have heard Reinhard Bonnke is in Onitsha this Sunday I will bring him there. She brought him there. I was preaching and I knew nothing about it. Suddenly, the man started to breathe. His story is awesome and what he was shown while he was in eternity.
ROBERTSON: Tell me, what did he see?
BONNKE: An angel took him to show him Paradise. He showed him the mansions that are waiting for the saints. And he showed him hell. He saw the people in hell. He said one shouted to him, 'I was a pastor and I stole money. Help me to return the money.' He said it was so frightening to him that the angel turned to him and said, 'The prayer of the rich man in Luke 16 will now be fulfilled, and you will be sent back to earth as a last warning to this generation.'

Can God really do that in our day? I have seen it first hand in one of our own church services at Oceanway Assembly of God. One Sunday morning, one of our members fell dead right in the middle of my message, the whole church prayed for God to bring her back to life. She was gone; no breath came out of her for approximately 15 plus minutes. Before our very eyes, she was raised back to life.

Do we want more than what we have today? I do, and may God give stir up the gifts again in the church to see greater works than any of us have ever seen before. Ask yourself; is anything to hard for God? If God did it then, He can do it again. Today is your day to believe for dead things to come to life.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing is to hard for God and Amen Pastor to what you have written.

    ReplyDelete