Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gearing Up For The Day (1)


Before I take my run in the mornings, I know there are some essential things that I must do in order to have a good run. Stretching is critical for my run and so is gearing up and stretching my mind each morning with the word of God. Have you considered the healthy things you must do to have a great journey in your walk with God? Am I leaning on the Holy Spirit to lead me in the right direction today? Am I living my life with His joy and peace in my spirit? Am I being a light that is reflecting the love of Christ?
It's is a God thing to gear up the right way each day. It's also a fleshly thing to gear up with negativity. It's easy to gear up with the morning news and the stress and the pressures of the day. The flesh is easily convinced to complain about what's going on in the White-house, the School-house, and even the Church-house. Consider gearing up your mind each day on the good things of the Lord and what He has done for you?
Why did the Psalmist say; "It's a good thing to sing praises to the Most High"? He knew the value of placing his focus on his God that was greater than all of his problems. He knew there was no sickness, no enemy, no financial challenge, no battle or Red Sea crossing, and no fiery furnace that was too difficult for him to overcome.

Most of our problems stem from stinking thinking. Where is your mind heading today? It's so valuable to start out each day with the manna of God's word. No wonder Jesus said; " Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." If you starve your spiritual man from the pure water and bread of life, you will die from spiritual malnutrition.

You need to understand that you're thinking leads to decisions, which leads to actions, which leads to habits, which leads to character, which leads to your destiny. One wrong turn on the interstate can lead you further from your destination. It's also true with the thoughts you allow to get in the soil of your heart. "As a man thinketh, so is he. What your thinking on will eventually come out of your mouth and the steps that you take.

David said; "Bless the Lord o my soul and all that is with in me bless His Holy name. You're on target today by filling and stretching your mind with the good things of God.

Has the Lord saved you, given you the Holy Spirit to empower you, to lead you, to encourage you? Has He given you His peace and His joy for the journey? Has He not promised to meet and supply all your needs? Has He not promised that He would never leave you nor forsake you? Has He not promise that; " When you walk through the waters I will be with you and through the rivers they will not overflow thee and when you walk through the fire you will not be burned?"

Keep it up friend, gear up each morning with His word and His praise and take note you will be healthier, more vibrant, more alive to live out, "No weapon formed against me shall prosper." You will live out, "Greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world."

dannysdevotional.com
oceanwayag.com

1 comment: