Saturday, April 7, 2012

Invest and Invite (2)


About 20 years ago I made my first investment into a stock. I placed a thousand dollars for the investment and waited for several months to see what would happen.
Are you making an investment today into your family, your close friends, the associate at work, those you come in contact with? When I lived in Central Florida I had a neighbor, Foy that I wanted to reach for the Lord. After him having a heart attack, I knew I could do something tangible to show the love of Christ. Weekly I began to cut his 1- acre lawn.

God declares that each of us is called to invest into this great harvest field that desperately needs the Lord as their savior.

The forth thing we need is a Compeller within us. I have a bass boat that I take out to fish the river. Without a propeller at the bottom of the engine, I wouldn't go very far. Jesus said to go out and compel men to come in that my house may be full. Allow the Holy Spirit to fill you're life. John 14: 17 states that the Holy Spirit shall not only be with you but In You.The Holy Spirit will give you thoughts like "Go ahead an mow Foy's lawn as well." Power to step up and do things the flesh wouldn't nornally do.

The fifth thing we need is Confidence.Fear will hinder you from making your investment. What if I lose my friend, what if they think I'm a nut? What if they say mean things about me? Jesus said; "I send you out as lambs among wolves." Yes people will be mean and will think we are a bit odd. "Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people that should show forth the praises of him, who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." (1 Peter 2:9)

After a year on my first investment, I had seen a nice return. A better investment was after a few months of mowing my neighbors yard, we became better friends. In that year he experience more complications with his heart. In that season I was able to lead Foy to the Lord. What a moment of leading him to Christ and hearing him call on the Lord to come into his heart.

A few days later, Foy left this earth and was called into eternity. Was the investment in Foy worth it? You better believe it and one day I look forward to seeing him in heaven. Invest and Invite and make a difference into someone's life today. God will place people in your path, a neighbor, a co-worker, an acquaintance. God opens up opportunities for us to make investment into someone's eternity. Some plant, some water, but God gives the increase.

dannysdevotional.com
oceanwayag.com

1 comment:

  1. AMEN. A blessing of a blog.
    A blessing of a person. May God continue to heal and bless souls through you.
    Shalom.

    ReplyDelete