Monday, July 30, 2012

Is Trouble In Your Way?

Ezra 4:1-23

I have never done anything worthwhile that a little bit of trouble didn't get in the way. I was installing a new sprinkler head at my mom's house the other day where a group of fire ants had taken over that area.
Has the enemy moved in and tried to take over an area of your life? Israel, the people of God have moved forward with God's plan to rebuild the temple, but hell says; " Let's stir up some trouble to stop them." Will rise up nations that will cause them to fear, and they'll quit what their doing.

The people of God got as far as building the foundation, and then the surrounding nations plan to bring fear and intimidation worked. All their stirring up a nest of lies and fear worked and it stopped the people from their purpose.

Why should any of us be surprised when hell stirs up trouble in our home, in our church, in our city, in our nation? The devil doesn't just sit back in his rocker and live like a zombie.

He is very proactive in scheming and plotting and conniving plans to hinder the work of God. The foundation laid would now sit for the next 16-18 years before the people would get back to the plan and the work of God.

Just how many today are sitting on the sidelines because they got discouraged, and became fearful of failure? They decided to feed their doubts instead of their faith. They tuned in on the dial to the enemies station that said; "Your not able to do this." The devil is a liar.

Friend you had better realize that in the work of the Lord, there will be a fight. Paul said; "I have fought a good fight, finished my course and have kept the faith." Tell me anybody that has done something great for God, and I will show you somebody that has had to learn to fight a good fight with hell.

Satan always works with the element of spreading fear and intimidation in the camp. When Israel heard all the nations gathering their resources to stop them, they retreated into the fears. For the next 16 years, nothing would be accomplished or would happen on building the temple.

God says; "Without faith it is impossible to please God, for he that cometh to God must believe that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." (Hebrews 11:6)

Back to moms sprinkler heads, one of the heads sat right in the middle of a fire ant mount. So what do I do? Just let it be, allow the sprinkler head to continue to be out of commission, allow the fire ants to have their pretty little home without a fight?

Well if you've been around me very long you would know that those ants were in for a fight. I pulled some ant spray off of mom's shelf and sprayed them so I could move forward.

I confess I may have moved forward a bit to fast cause a few of those ants still managed to put up a fight. I did indeed install the new sprinkler head and today that area of the yard is working just fine. Yea, 13 of those critters bit me pretty good, but I'll heal up just fine.

I wasn't going to settle for those ants ruling their little home in that part of the yard. It won't be long that the dying grass will be green soon. Have you made up your mind that trouble is not going to stop or hinder you in your pursuit of God's plans and promises?

I encourage you to roll up your sleeves and expect a fight to experience all that God has purposed and planned for your life. Today fight the good fight of faith. "No weapon formed against you shall prosper." (Isaish 54:17)
dannysdevotional.com
oceanwayag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment