Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pay Day Is Coming

Romans 8:18-31

The last 10 months I have run 300 miles and have dropped 23 pounds and feel better than I have for the last couple years. Have there been some tough days? Have there been days I wasn't sure I could keep pressing?
There have been days that I have said; "This is very hard, can I really keep doing this?" All I can tell you is 10 months later there is a big smile on my face an a lighter and stronger body than I was months before and feeling better everyday.
One day you and I will also be rewarded for pressing beyond all the stuff, the pressure, the test, the trials, the temptations and adversities of life. It will be worth it all when we see Jesus the one who died for each of us.

Why would anyone want to go through life without Christ its encourager in discouragement? Why would anyone want to walk through valleys without knowing the God of the valley? Why would anyone want to go through dark nights of disappointment without knowing the God that causes the sun to rise again?

One day God's sons and daughter's will rise out of here. Chris Tomlin writes a song, "I will rise." Friend, Paul tells the Romans there is no comparison between the present hard times and the coming good times. The created world itself can hardly wait for what's coming next. Everything in creation is being more or less held back.

Eye hath not seen nor has ear heard the things that God has prepared for them that love him. Keep pressing, keep running, stay the course like Paul who said; " I have fought a good fight, I have finish my course, I have kept the faith.

Well I'm out the door again with some friends for a 4-mile run down by the river in Jacksonville Florida. Come on get up and keep going, there is a great reward and an awesome pay day coming for each of us on the other side of this life in heaven.
dannysdevotional.com
oceanwayag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment