Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Which Window Are You Looking Through? (2)

Some things in life are painful to view. I was pulling for my Atlanta Braves during the playoffs wild-card game with St Louis Cardinals. Things didn't work out to well for my Braves. It was one painful game to watch. It's not that easy to stare down your losses that only add to your sorrow and pain. 

Recent studies have been made with patients view out the window while there in the hospital. They took 23 patients with a gallbladder surgery and placed them next to a block wall. Then they placed another 23 patients with the same surgery and placed them at a window with beautiful nature scenery.

Patients that looked through the window with beautiful nature had some interesting findings. They complained less, they ask for less pain medication, they spent fewer days in the hospital and their recovering cost was 500.00 less per patient.

Architects are now designing hospitals with better views. Billions of dollars are being spent with views of nature instead of boring block walls. You may not have a beautiful view of the ocean or a meadow in the forest in your backyard but David said, "I have set the Lord always before me and he is at my right hand and I shall not be moved." (Acts 2:25) 

What was David referring to? He faced many curves and challenges and confrontations in his journey with Life. One day he faced a curve on his path with a lion and then a bear, but God enables him to defeat both of them. Next he confronts and defeats an ugly giant named Goliath that was defying the God of Israel. Then he's challenged with King Saul jealousy over his victory, which then hunted him down like an animal. He later faced a challenge of looking out his view of a beautiful woman named Bathsheba that ended up costing him more than he could have ever imagined. 

How does one get through the curves, the challenges, and the confrontations of life? Even in David's losses he declares, "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures, He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul, He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name sake. Thou I walk through the valley of death of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for thou art with me. For thy rod and staff comfort me thou preparest a table for me in the presence of my enemies.Thou anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Psalm 23:1-6)

Today make up your mind to view the right windows in life. Today you are looking through the window of the word of God that will give you faith and strength and courage and confidence to fight the good fight of faith. Isaiah said in the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, he was high and lifted up and the train of his robes filled the temple. Even in a time of uncertainty and loss, the prophet of God viewed out the window of the Lord. 

The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run to it and they are safe. Choose to view the Lord in your loss, in your pain, and in your sorrows of life. The time of recovery will be dramatically changed because of what you choose to view. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. (Hebrews 2:12)
dannysdevotional.com
oceanwayag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment