Sunday, March 22, 2015

Seasons... Does God Always Get It Right 100% (2)

Seasons; they come and go, But out of the 51 largest cities in the United States, Minneapolis, Minnesota has the coldest winter weather, based on average daily temperatures. It’s the only American city that normally remains well below freezing throughout the day during December, January and February. Ummmm, If I lived there, I think I would be packing my bags in the Winter! But in contrast, during the Summer, they have some of the most beautiful, relaxing weather with 10,000 breathtaking lakes. I think we Floridians call those folks “Snow Birds.”

I must confess that I’ve had some seasons where I was ready to pack my bags and seek out a place of relief. “YES”, I think we’ve all questioned God in our difficult seasons. I have said, “God, where are you in all this?”


Mary and Martha experienced a difficult situation with the sickness of their brother Lazarus. They sent word for Jesus to come because their brother Lazarus was at the point of death. And yet, Jesus stayed in the same place another two days.
 
Why?” Are we not important to God in our hour of stress and pain? You may say, “I thought God cared about me in every situation I went through. Didn’t God say, “He would never leave us nor forsake us?” Didn’t He say, “When you walk through the waters I will be with you?”

Satan is a master of shooting and spreading bullets of doubts, lies and disbelief.  Lazarus does die! Martha and Mary are upset beyond words. When Jesus shows up four days later Martha went as far as to say, “If you had been here, my brother would not have died.” To blame the Lord Jesus Christ, that’s pretty heavy. But in all honesty, many of us have also questioned God’s timing and motives in our own deepest pain.
Have you accused the Lord of being inconsistent with your difficulty, season, and situation? “For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.” (Eccl 3:1)  Everybody has seasons in their life. Each of us struggle with seasons that God brings our way. A mom faces the season of pregnancy for nine months. Yes, there are challenges during those months. But then comes the joy and excitement of her newborn. Others may face the loss of their job, go through a divorce, a health setback, etc. All in all, God knows how to bring you forth in victory.

Jesus knew right where Lazarus was in his sickness, But He said to His disciples, “And for your sakes, I'm glad I wasn't there, for now you will really believe. Come, let's go see him." Jesus knew at the end of the day that Martha, Mary and each disciple were about to see that God’s ways are higher than our ways. Jesus spoke these words, “Lazarus, come forth!” His body began to move. Then Jesus said, “Loose him,” Can you imagine the joy of that moment in their hearts. God knows what He’s doing when we don’t. It all boils down to a matter of “Trusting God” in your season. He has you and your season in the palm of His hand right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment