Sunday, March 29, 2015

Seasons.... Is God 10,000 Steps Ahead Of You?

How ridiculous is it to surmise from having a flat tire that now you’re heading to the dealer to buy a new car? It’s true that a flat tire may slow you down from your destination, but it’s bizarre to conclude that you need a new vehicle just because your tire was punctured from a foreign object.


There are times some come to a similar conclusion; they have lost air pressure in their faith and confidence in God. They’ve hit a tough season in life so it must be time to make a change. You don’t look for a new spouse just because you are walking through a tough season in your marriage. “86% of unhappily married couples who stuck it out found out that 5 years later their marriage were happier.” You shouldn’t start looking for a new job because you had a run in with somebody at work. Should you start looking for a new church just because the church is in a tough season?
God says, “For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.” (Eccl 3:1)  I’ve watched people change the trajectory of their career all because they had a tough start.  I have pastored Oceanway Assembly now for 30 Years. If I would have changed churches every time I experienced a hiccup or a storm situation, I would have left Oceanway Assembly several times.
Somewhere in life, you have to plant your feet in His amazing love and grace and say, “This is the place that He has called me.” Why don’t you rise up and say, “I am what I am by the grace of God.” I can’t take the credit for being here these 30 years. It’s only been by His  cup of grace that He has given me the faith, confidence, courage and tenacity to press forward in the tough seasons of life. Some pastors haven’t set a good example for their people. They hop around the country every 3 ½ years because of a tough season. That’s the average stay of pastors in America.
Somewhere you have to decide that I’m going to learn whatever I need to see in this season that He has designed for me. God is a God of the EXACT. He doesn’t make mistakes. Many times we get flustered, frustrated, annoyed, lose heart, lose confidence and courage to go the distance. The same God who saved you with His grace is the same One who can give you the grace to brave through your storm. Paul was in a tough season but He told him, “My grace is sufficient for thee.”
Refuse to be stubborn with God. Realize He can steady your footsteps. Running from your problems isn’t God’s Answer. The reason I’ve survived some of my brutal seasons is that I have learned where the “Delete Button” is on the keyboard. When Satan puts a thought in your head to give up, hit the Delete Button and respond, “I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.”


When the enemy says, “You won’t make it this time,” Say “Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.” Remember, God is always 100 x 100 steps and more ahead of your plans and the enemies’ plans against you. Say today, “No weapon formed against me will prosper.” Will you choose to change your attitude instead of your location? God has a great cup of GRACE to complete this season in you. “And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.”(Phil 1:6)




No comments:

Post a Comment