Friday, October 23, 2015

30 Years Later


It’s hard to believe that 30 years have passed since my wife and our two daughters came to Jacksonville, Florida in 1985. “WOW”, where has the time gone? Since then we’ve added a son, plus God has blessed our three children with their spouses. God has also blessed us with two incredible grandkids with another on the way! David said “MANY,” O Lord are the Blessings you have brought in my life. If I were to add them up, they are more than can be numbered.”

I’M SO GRATEFUL AND THANKFUL FOR:
My Salvation and The Call of God on my life. It’s amazing that God still saves and calls men in spite of their hiccups, hang ups, weaknesses and blunders in their life. Anybody who thinks that pastors are God’s perfect creation are setting themselves up for disappointment. We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. YES, everybody makes mistakes with their hands but we should all be grateful for a God who’s still working and changing hearts to do things His way.
I’m Thankful for my Wife Who’s by My Side. There’s more stress and pressure on ministers marriages and their family than the average church member realizes. Over the years this shepherd has realized that some sheep bite! “Ouch”, Pastors who survive realize they are just a part of the process in seeing people transformed, mature and grow in their faith. We’re only agents to help someone with the Process who’s on their way to the Promises for their life.
I’m Thankful for my Kids.  Guess what? Pastor’s kids aren’t perfect either. They have to get saved and transformed like anybody else. I’m thankful that all three of my kids love God and have a call on their lives in serving the Lord with their gifts and talents. Some of the happiest times of my life are when we all get to hang out and enjoy the relationship that God has blessed us with.
I’m Thankful for This Church. Pastors who go the distance with their church realize that not even their best members are perfect. We’re ALL on an assembly line that is being put together piece by piece. I’ve seen hundreds come without the “frame” of Christ, but now they are on the journey of becoming more like Christ every day. I’m grateful for those still on the assembly line, allowing God to add to their faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. God says, “The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (2 Peter 1: 5-8)
I’m Thankful for The Vision that’s STILL COMING! God says, “Wait for the vision, for it will surely come to pass.”(Hab 2:3) Some will wait, while some will get impatient. I’ve gotten impatient a few times myself. Being patient is just part of the process. I’m standing on the belief that “Between the promises and the payoff there is a process.” No doubt God’s timing is perfect; and I believe when He said that the vision will come to pass, why I would want to leave before I see Him accomplish what He said would come to pass? God says, “If we won’t get weary in well doing, in due season we will reap if we faint not.” (Gal 6:9)
I’m Thankful That The Best is Yet To Come God says, “Eye hath not seen nor has ear heard the things that God has prepared for them that love him.” I love you Vonnell, my kids and all the Church family and friends who continue to hold on to the Promises of God for the Future.


No comments:

Post a Comment