Sunday, October 11, 2015

PRAYING FIRST!

Just how important is it to PRAY FIRST? If I had not made that a priority, I could have easily missed going into full time ministry. When I was at the age of 16, He spoke and called me into ministry. When I was 21 at SEU, God spoke to me, “One day you would go to Jacksonville Florida to pastor a church.” Three months later, God confirmed that identical word to my wife without me conversing the details of that same word to me.

Why would any of us want to place our life into the arena of speculation when we can have revelation from God? God promises us, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go, I will guide thee with my own eye.” He promised us, “I know the plans I have for you, thoughts of peace not of evil to give you an expectant end.” That happens when we PRAY FIRST!

We should pray first in every situation, whether good or bad. Prayer should be our first response, not our last resort. Understanding the necessity of prayer is not enough. In order for it to become a part of our life, it needs to become something we look forward to doing. I’m convinced most people don’t enjoy prayer because they have never been taught how to pray. That’s where this simple prayer journal can help. Using several prayer models out of the bible and having some guide to make prayer more personal, this booklet is designed to bring joy into your time with God.  Once you learn how to pray, prayer can become a part of everyday life. And then....

·                     Before the day begins-

·                     Before you go to bed-

·                     Before you go to work or school-

·                     Before you send that text-

·                     Before you eat, drive or travel-

·                     When bad things happen-

·                     Before bad things happen-

·                     In every situation-PRAY FIRST!

Pray first before the:

·                     Difficulties!

·                     Dreams!

·                     Doubts!

·                     Deception knocks at your door!

When you press in to hear from God to speak His revealed plan, then you can walk into the open doors and live for the God dreams and walk in the power to get through every difficulty that comes your way.

Pastor Danny
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment