Sunday, November 29, 2015

FIGHT BACK WITH PRAISE 4


No matter what pain you are experiencing right now, it could always be worse! Yes, your gut wrenching ordeal could be more severe and painful. What window have you chosen to look out? Jehoshaphat chose to look out a window that would be for “The Best” in his dire and dreadful situation. What do you do when three powerful nations are coming to take your head off? RUN OR FIGHT?

What are your options in your dark despair? You can choose a window to be depressed, despondent, defeated, give up and quit! Or you can say, “NO”, “God has placed within me a will to FIGHT BACK!” That is the RIGHT WINDOW to look through! Refuse to look out the window of losing, quitting and throwing in the towel. Hell will try to convince and persuade you in your despair that you’re finished, you’re done and that there is NO HOPE in sight.

This wise King Jehoshaphat of Judah chose another path to his success. Let’s take a view out the same window that steered him to his success.

Now steering makes a huge difference toward your success. Poor steering has never won a Nascar Race. When the steering wheel is in your hands and you’re the MAIN SOLO one involved, you really can’t blame anybody but yourself, regardless of what somebody may tell you! Over the Thanksgiving holidays, I was riding a four wheeler alone with another family member up ahead. I had just been told, “You should open it up, you can’t flip that machine!” I said, “Really, okay I can do that.”

I had been watching him on his four wheeler and thought, “I can do that too.” It was in my hands what I did with the steering. I chose to take them at their word, but I am to blame for what was about to happen. With the video running, I thought, “I can spin it out like he does.” The next thing I knew, I was flying off the four wheeler through the air. It wasn’t the flying through the air that was so painful, it was that SUDDEN STOP that broke my collar bone and cracked some ribs.

Now who had the steering wheel? It wasn’t my family member, nope it was me! I was the one in control of the throttle and the steering wheel. Friend, you and I hold the key to our own success. We hold the key to our own victory.

You can run, hide and cave in to your fears and despair, or you can move the steering wheel to your own victory. John declares, “Whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world and this is the victory that overcomes, even our faith.” (1John 5:4) It was Jehoshaphat’s steering of faith and Praise to God that led Judah to their Great Victory in 1Chron 20: 1-25

What window will you look out? Will you choose to steer toward your own Victory? You can turn there NOW and watch God do great things for you. He’s no respecter of persons. “Father, give each of us the determination to FIGHT when all of Hell is coming at us. Your power hasn’t changed. Help each of us as we LOOK and STEER to the author and finisher of our Faith.”

No comments:

Post a Comment