Sunday, November 15, 2015

Pray First "Warfare Prayers"


Prayer is not only Communion with God, it is Confrontation with the enemy. Those PRAYERS are very helpful in spiritual warfare. Forty hours before a recent Isis terrorist group started a carnage killing of 129 people in Paris, our Oceanway Missions Team loaded up on an airplane from Paris to return to Jacksonville, Fl. Satan continues his plots and schemes against God’s creation.

Paul gives a Finishing and Fighting words to the Ephesians.10 A final word: “Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we[a] are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.[b] 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.[c] 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (Eph 6:10-18) Daily we should thank the Lord for our Salvation and declare, “No weapon formed against me shall prosper.” (Ish 54:17) God warns us to 8 “Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.” (1 Peter 5:8-9) ESV

Satan has several weapons that he will FORM against us, but God promises that they are nothing in comparison to the weapons he gives his kids to fight against Satan’s schemes. I must put on the belt of truth. I choose a lifestyle of honesty and integrity. Expose the lies I have believed and show me the truths I need today. Show me where You are working and lead me to it. Give me strength to walk daily with You. I believe that You are powerful against every lie and assault of the enemy. You have good in store for me. Nothing is coming today that can overcome me because You are with me.            

Everyday pray for the Holy Spirit to bring Scriptures to your mind and pray, “I agree to walk in step with You in everything as my spirit communes with You in prayer throughout the day.” Pray this, “Lord Jesus, I confess to You all of my sins this day, yesterday and everyday past. I repent and renounce them, those known and unknown, those of omission and commission, in what I have done and in what I have failed to do. I lay down at Your feet all of the sins of the flesh, the tongue, and of the heart, and all unholy thoughts and actions. Thank You for shedding Your precious blood for me.”

“I stand on Your Word. The enemy is driven out from before me, above me, around me, and below me; from my home, workplace, church and its ministries, children, and loved ones. I declare that he is not able to stand against me and his works are taken captive and destroyed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment