Saturday, January 21, 2012

Let Us Go To The Other Side (2)

Luke 8:22 Jesus said to his disciples, "Let us go to the other side of the lake."


One afternoon, I was taking my 2-year old daughter out on a bike ride. On this day we went a different way and wow, were we ever in for a surprise. As we drove into the neighborhood, a Great Dane dog came off the porch charging us. All I could see and hear was big teeth and barking as he approached my daughter and me.

There have been a few times that the situation at hand has gotten my heart to pounding. The disciples had followed the Lord's instructions to get in the boat. They were peacefully oaring to the other side of the lake when the winds and the waves picked up out of nowhere.

Things got so bad with the waves coming in the boat, that they thought," we're going to die." They wake up the Lord, but he calms the winds and waves and they proceed to the other side of the lake.

There was a reason that He said; "Let us go to the other side." There was a man on the other side that had demons tormenting him. Jesus was on a mission to set him free. There has never been anyone yet that He didn't love and couldn't set free.

Could anything stop the Lord from His mission? Could Satan have seen the Lord coming and said; "I will fight him and drown him and his men on their mission." You better believe the devil is very aware when we come on his turf. Satan had taken control of this man with his demons and had no intentions of coming out of him.

Friend, be at peace today in your mission, the plan, the call of God on your life. I have been serving in ministry for 30 plus years and several times I have faced the devil's bark and bite. He is a nasty intimidator. The devil wants you and I to believe that he has the upper hand on you and me.

On that day, Jesus successfully touched and delivered the man from every demon that had controlled his life. There is power in the name of Jesus, like the day the bark and the bite came within inches of my daughter's back leg. All I could boldly shout was,"JESUS." Immediately, the animal put on his brakes and went back to his porch.

As long as Jesus is in the boat with you, and He is leading you, get up and move forward to the place that He has ordained in your life, knowing He will successfully accomplish the mandate for your life. Refuse to back off the mission because of the devils bark and bite.
oceanwayag.com                 

No comments:

Post a Comment