Saturday, September 19, 2015

SMILING BETTER? 1


Did you know that America spends 11 billion dollars a year on face lifts Botox and other surgeries for looking better? But is that the path to take for smiling better? If I need 10k in order to put a smile on my face, then I’m in trouble. What I’m going to share this morning is much cheaper and a much better route to take. You don’t need thousands of dollars in your bank account to improve your smile. As a matter of fact, it’s a lot less painful and doesn’t take weeks and months to heal, it can literally be sudden and instantaneous.

The Psalmist says, “But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; You are my glory, the One who holds my head high.” (Ps 3:3) “Serve the Lord with gladness.” (Ps 100:2) Notice he didn’t say sadness!

Your smile doesn’t come from having a healthy bank account. Neither does it happen by having a good marriage, a great job or having a lot of friends.                  A True Smile Really Happens By:

Having a Genuine Relationship with Christ. I’m not talking about having “religion”. Nor am I talking about going to church once a month on Sundays. Going to church doesn’t put you in right relationship with the Lord any more than going to McDonalds makes you a hamburger. There is only ONE person who can give you a true smile in your heart and on your face. And that is by accepting JESUS, the Son of the Living God as your Lord and Savior.

Quit Depending On Others To Bring Your Smile. You may say, “If I had a better wife or husband, a better job, a better home, car, or family to support me; if I would have had a better dad, mom or better friends, then my life would have a smile.” Placing blame on others only helps support a continued vicious cycle of living in self-pity. The bare facts are that you and I are responsible for our own happiness. When we’re in right relationship with the Lord, we can live with a smile on our face.

Living Out God’s Dream for Your Life. Jacob started out wrong by manipulating his way to his riches and lifestyle. It wasn’t until he wrestled with God, face to face, that the Lord changed his life and the “God dream” took place in his life. Seventy percent of people in America hate their work. Start seeking first the Kingdom of God and He will add these “other things” to your life (Matt 6:33).  Seek Him first and watch God develop the dream that He has designed for your life.

Trusting God With Your Future   You may say, “I’ve had too many setbacks in life to really have a smile.” Listen, Job faced the worst nightmare possible by losing his kids, his riches, his health and his wife and friends’ support. But Job said, “Yet the Lord slay me, I will still trust Him.” Somewhere you have to use your FAITH in order to get where God is trying to take you. Job could have lost his smile when his friends blamed his troubles on some hidden sin. But Job prayed for his friends, and in the end, God blessed him with twice what he started with! Trust Him NOW, in the middle of your nightmare, and watch God deepen and enhance the SMILE on your face. God is for you. And if He be for you who can be against you?

Keeping Your Heart Clean David lost his joy when he fell into sin at Bathsheba. It wasn’t until he came clean with God that God restored his joy and smile again. David prayed, “Create in me a clean heart O God, and renew a right spirit within me.” (Ps 51:10). Let God refresh, restore and rejuvenate your smile today.

No comments:

Post a Comment