Sunday, September 20, 2015

SMILING BETTER 2


My daughter Dana, when she graduated from SEU with her business degree, was offered a job selling communication equipment in Colorado. That wasn’t her passion nor her love, and neither was that her best strength. But in her first year she outsold every salesmen who had worked there before her. There was something about Dana’s smile that sold electronics better than her former coworkers. Each of us need to realize that there’s value in our smile. You may not have the most knowledge, but your demeanor and smile are like a magnet that draw people in.

You may not realize it, but a sour lemon face and frown don’t sell your testimony of Christ very well. When the man who had been blind for years was healed by Christ, His smile said everything that the Lord had done for him. He couldn’t keep it to himself. He said, “I was once blind but now I can see.” I have a feeling that his frown changed into a smile forever. And it changed others as well.

Did you know that your smile can draw people to Christ? I’ve never seen a future bride reel in her man with a gloomy face. I’ve never seen a lady win a beauty pageant with a frown. I’ve never seen a car salesman sell a vehicle who was down in the “mullygrubs”. I’ve never seen a waitress get a great tip by being short and mean with her customers. A smile goes a long way in spreading cheer to someone else that you come in contact with.

Consider with me how Valuable Your Smile Is to the person who is discouraged and disheartened?

You just may be the one light who brings hope to the one who is suicidal, going through a divorce, or who just got word that they only have three months to live. Your smile may bring hope to one who has just lost their job. Tell me, why would someone ask for help from someone that is in the dark themselves? Jesus’ smile had a way of drawing people in. Most kids probably aren’t going to be attached to someone down and depressed. Jesus’ smile drew the little children to Him from everywhere.

Consider with me today that God is the One who can give you the smile that all of us desperately long for. It starts on the inside and shines through us on the outside. Did you know that the moon has no light within itself but rather is a reflection of the Sun. We also are to be a reflection of the Son of God. My prayer for you today is that God’s SON will shine upon you and through you. “May God be merciful and bless us. May His face smile with favor on us.” (Ps 67:1)

There are many people today looking for a light that will give them peace in their despair. Years ago, late at night, I walked up to my home and found the door Wide-Open. It was not a good feeling, since our house was far out in the dark near an orange grove. Was there a burglar inside? I went inside and started moving to each room with a broom handle. I didn’t own a 44 Magnum like Clint Eastwood; all I had was a broom handle. As I moved through the dark with my broom, I would turn the light switch on in that room. It wasn’t until I stuck the broom handle inside the last room, through the shower curtain and turned the light on, that I had a great Peace and a Big Smile of relief that everything was okay!

Each of us who shines with God’s glory and Presence is saying to a hurting world that everything is okay because God’s light is what really brings the smile on our face. Let us shine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment