Sunday, September 27, 2015

“Dreaming Better”


I have a chair in my office that I call my “DREAM CHAIR”. When I sit there, I ask the Lord to talk to me and speak to my heart about things He wants me to do with my life, my family,  the call of God,  His Church, and fulfilling His will and plan for the days He blesses me with in this life.

It’s easy to get into a routine and a rut where we forget to ask God to keep giving us His DREAMS! God says “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” (Ps 37:4) I still have dreams that haven’t come to pass. What should I do? Be disheartened or, discouraged with the delays and give up on those dreams?  Or should I “PRESS IN” until I see everything that He has put in my heart come to pass?                                                                                  Some People Give Up Because Of Their:

  • Mistakes Tell me who hasn’t made mistakes? The Bible reveals multiple characters who have had their share of blunders and mistakes. It should encourage each of us that God chooses the weak things of the world to confound the wise. YES, God handpicks leaders knowing in advance their shortcomings and weaknesses. Abraham got impatient. Moses in anger killed a man. David committed murder and adultery. Jonah ran away from God’s perfect will. In spite of all of their hang-ups, these men repented of their mistakes and God restored them. God says, “Forgetting those things that are behind and reaching unto those things that are before us.”
  • Fears Twelve leaders of Israel were sent to spy out the Promised Land. Ten came back reporting, “We’re not able to go in and possess the land because we are but grasshoppers in their sight.” God was grieved with their torment and fear. But 2 men, Joshua and Caleb said, “We are more than able to go in and possess the land.” Friend, God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. (2Tim 1:7) Use your faith to possess your dreams.
  • Doubt The cousin of fear is doubt. When I was 16 years old, I felt God call me into the ministry. I said “Lord, me?” I strongly doubted that God could use someone like me who was shy and timid. When God calls you to do something, He won’t leave you alone! I tried to get my dad to agree with me that surely God couldn’t use me to preach. Dad did say, “Son if you can do anything else in the world, do it!” Well, he was right; when you’re truly called, your heart stays after what He has called you to do. I’m so glad I didn’t allow DOUBT to hinder me from the call that was on my life to preach and pastor a church like Oceanway.
  • Burned Out Can you still have hope for you dream when you’ve been totally spent? T. D. Jakes said, “Burnout is nothing more than being distracted.” I do believe that many have been distracted by hurt, pain, or a misinterpreted setback that has impacted their life. God gives grace to the humble. When your pride says that God has been unfair to you because you didn’t get the right breaks in life, that is believing lies from the pits of hell. Friend, get in God’s presence and He can RESTORE what the enemy has taken from you. He can “Revive” you again!

Walt Disney died before the dedication of Disney World in Orlando Florida. The man introducing Disney’s wife said, “It’s sad that Walt never got to see the dream he started.” When his wife got to the podium she said, “Friend, Walt did see this many years ago; we are the ones today seeing it for the first time.” Don’t ever lose your dream; stick to it regardless of your fears, doubts, delays or even your mistakes. God is All you need to bring your dreams to completion. “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”(Phil 2:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment