Saturday, December 3, 2011

Asking More Than Once? (1) God's Will

There are those in the body of Christ that have formed an opinion that it's a lack of faith to ask more than once. Let's take another look at why it's a God thing to ask more than once.

My wife and I raised 3 children in our home. I don't recall a time that they were ever hindered in their ability to ask for something more than once. When they wanted to stop at Mc Donald's, wanted something to drink, wanted the newest cabbage patch doll, wanted they latest Nintendo game, they had no problem in asking more than once. Now they didn't always get what they wanted when they wanted it.

In looking back on my walk with Christ, I'm very thankful that God didn't always give me what I wanted when I wanted it. The Lord teaches us that we are to pray, "thy kingdom come thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven." I have to pray for the will of God to be processed in my life. There have been times that I didn't like it when God closed doors. God says; "I have set an open door before you." Friend quit trying to knock the door in. If God wants it open, He has the ability to open the door that is His will and plan for your life.

I was invited to preach with the possibly to pastor a church in Miami Florida. They call it; 'Trying out." After a great day in the ministering and seeing several come forward for salvation, God didn't open the door for us to move there. I was a bit upset with God. God why? I had prayed for the will of God, but when God shut the door, I didn't like His decision. We are to always pray for the will of God in all of our decisions. Year later I saw why God closed the door. He had a perfect plan in mind, where I'm pastoring today 26 years later.

Jesus on his way to the cross stopped at the garden of Gethsemane and prayed 3 times; "Father if it be thy will, let this cup pass from me, nevertheless not my will but thy will be done." Yes he prayed the same prayer more than once.

God has placed within each of us a cry to ask more than once. Show me a cat that doesn't cry out more than once for their food. Show me a baby that doesn't cry out for their food more than once. God has placed within our hearts a God given desire to ask more than once.

Friend, many give up when they don't get what they want. Some choose their own plan and do their own thing. Some refuse to wait on God's season. Go ahead and ask again for the cry and passion in your heart. Many places in God's word show us how it's His plan for you and I to ask for his will more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment