Friday, December 9, 2011

I Was Born To Do This

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.


There is nothing more gratifying and satisfying than knowing that you are working at the post that God has created and assigned for your life. There is nothing more refreshing than allowing the work of the Holy Spirit to take the steering wheel of your decisions and call of God on your life.

From time to time I have people in our church that says; pastor I don't know how you do what you do? I really do believe that there is a "cup of grace" that God gives each of us, maybe to be a nurse, a doctor, a pastor, a teacher, a engineer, a plumber, a electrician, a carpenter, a fishermen, a judge or a missionary. All of us in life have a place, a post, a particular mandate and an assignment in life.

Peter says; This is the post to which I've been assigned-keeping you alert with frequent reminders-and I'm sticking to it as long as I live.

"I am not afraid, I was born to do this" Joan of Arc (1412-1431) heroine of France. Paul says;" I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me;"

If we were to go through the pages of history in the word of God, we would see that God hand picks each of us for a job, a task, an assignment, a mandate for life.

Esther was brought to the kingdom for such a time when the Jews were under great persecution from Haman. A decree has already been signed and sealed for every Jew to be destroyed. It just so happen that the king's queen Vashti was fired for her actions towards the king. The king had a beauty contest and guess who was chosen out of hundreds of contestants to be the new queen? Her name was Esther.

God just so happen to have one in the wings ready to come to the rescue of the Jews whose lives were hanging in the balance. Thousands of Jews were saved because she was willing to be used in the hands of a mighty God.

Mordecai said to his cousin Esther, "who knows whether you were brought to the kingdom for such a time as this?" The answer without any doubt was yes, God chose her to be the queen, not because of her beauty, but because there was a mandate for her to fulfill in defeating the devil, and a assignment in saving her people.

Jesus said to his disciples,"ye have not chosen me but I have chosen you and ordained you that ye should go and bring forth fruit and that your fruit should remain." John 15:16

Jesus says to his disciples; "Peace be unto you, as my father hath sent me, so send I you." John 20:21

What will happen if you say no to the call and the will of God? What would have happen, if Jonah had not have changed his mind after 3 days in the belly of a whale in going to Ninevah?

What would have happen had Nehemiah stayed comfortable in palace of Shushan? What if he had have said; "let somebody else go and rebuild the broken walls of Jerusalem?"

What would have happen had Billy Graham chosen to go in another direction for his life? What would have happen had Smith Wigglesworth continued on with his business, instead of following the call of God to preach the word of God?

There is one thing that drives me to stay with the assignment that God has chosen for my life. One day I will stand before my maker, and look into His eyes of fire. What will He say to me on the Day of Judgment? That is what keeps me going. We must not allow any deflating words of discouragement or the words of a Sanballat to bring us off of the wall.

Paul said; "Be confident of this very thing that He which hath begun a good work in you shall perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Friend, there is a cup of grace that not only saves us but will also keep us on the trajectory path that He has chosen for our lives. Paul said; "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course and have kept the faith." Go ahead; "you were born to do this."

No comments:

Post a Comment