Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Winning Over Loneliness

Hebrews 13:5b "He has said, I will never leave you or abandon you." 

Why are there so many lonely people in the world? Why do so many continue to keep living in their despair and state of mind? Is there anything or anyone who can turn our hurt and sorrow into a new life? What is the answer to someone's loneliness?

Jesus came to this earth to fill the empty rooms of a man's soul. Years ago I came home late one evening and the door was open. The door had either been left open, or someone was inside our dark home. Fear gripped my heart as I entered the house. You see, my wife and I lived across the street from an orange grove. Daily workers were shuttled to work the hundreds of acres of orange groves.

Was there an intruder in the house? Was there a thief inside plummeting through our belongings? Just who was inside our home? I started through our first door that led into the garage. About that time it felt as if I was pushing against a man's foot that stopped the door. I plunged in and my big 13- size tennis shoe was behind the door. I flipped the light on and thank God no one was in the garage. I found my broom and started down the hallway sticking first the broom through the door and turning the light on in each room. It wasn't until I had the light on in each room did I have peace and strength that everything was okay in our home.

The beginning of peace in our lonely hearts is to get the light on in each room of our lives. The light of God will drive out the fear, the loneliness, the unsettledness, the uncertainty, the void, the misery that tries to overwhelm our lives.

Jesus says that we are made up of body, mind and spirit. When the light of Gods word fills the captivity of your life, something stands up on the inside of you that declares His greatness. God's light says; "It's going to be okay, you're going to be just fine, you will overcome the dark situation that you're facing." This hurt, this pain, this sorrow that is trying to squeeze the life out of me, is nothing to the powerful light of God.

If you take a magnifying glass and place it over a piece of paper, when the sun shines thought the glass, it produces so much heat, it can burn a whole through the paper.

When we allow the light, the son of God to shine through our minds, our spirit, our hearts, there is no object, no force, no intrusion, no devil, no fear that can overcome the rooms of our heart and spirit. If your facing a great ordeal on the stormy sea of life? Remember what Paul said in Acts 27 that got him through the winds and waves that ripped the ship apart. He states that; "all hope that we should be saved was taken away."

He then goes on to state; "there stood by me this night and angle of God that said; don't be afraid, Paul you must stand before Caesar, indeed God has also graciously given you everyone sailing with you. I believe it shall be even as it was told to me."

God never promised us a smooth ride, but He did promise us that He would never leave us or forsake us. Paul and the other's on the ship got to the shore on broken boards from the ship, but they all made it sound and alive.

So go on to sleep tonight, and let the devil stay up and worry about your issues. There is a great God inside the rooms of your heart that says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment