Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Living With God's Blessings?

Luke 6:38 GIve and it shall be given to you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure you mete it shall be measure to you again.



Why does God spend so much time in the bible to talk to us about money? Some have chosen to ignore his principals and truths in the word of God, others may have not listen closely to what He says about their finances.



Years ago when my wife and I got married and I started in college; I immediately felt the pressure of putting food on the table, making the rent payment, paying the electric bill among other things. Money was tight, yet I had been taught to always put God first by giving God 10% off the top.

When the pressure was on, I thought, "Well I will skip this week and catch up next week." That week the water pump went out in the Monte Carlo. I thought; "Well I will catch up after I fix the car." The next week someone stole all our new wedding towels from the apartment laundry mat. The next week my music stereo in the house broke. God was after my attention.

3 weeks in a row, everything around me was falling apart. I said; "okay God I get it." From that point on I didn't care if we ate weenies, I was going to give God the first part, the first fruit, the 10% that already belonged to God. God clearly states; "If you choose not to bring the tithe, "You have robbed me." God states; "if that's your choice, "judgment will fall upon us." Malachi 3:8-12

Ever since those horrible experiences, I chose to follow a plan to win in my finances. God has proven to me that He can take the 10% and return far more than I can give. From that point, God removed the judgment, the curse off of my money matters.

So many just don't get what I just said, God promises to open up the heavens of blessings when we bring the tithes into the storehouse. That is your local church, not TBN, or CBN, or your favorite ministry in the land.

Go ahead; test God with giving your tithes and offerings. When you fully obey what He directs you to do with your money, see if He won't open to you the windows of heaven. All of this principal boils down to one thing, will you believe God's word or not? All I can say is He has blessed me more than you have time to listen.

Time and time again he has proven himself. He is not a liar. I live in a home that was a result of being a giver. Too long to tell the story, but God opened the door and the heavens to make it happen.  My goal is to give 50% of what comes my way. Be a pipe for God to flow through, ....you can't believe what He will do in return.

1 comment:

  1. At least I don't to feel bad about the way I eat. :-)
    Right now I can't give 50% but I am giving 10% and sometimes alittle more of what I make at my piece job.

    ReplyDelete