Monday, March 5, 2012

Blinded With A Future Blessing?

Genesis 37-45


It's so easy to become blind with God's future blessings. How many times have many given up before the dawning of a breakthrough. How many have thrown in the towel before they saw their miracle, before the dream came to pass?

I have a salt-water tank in my office. One of my fish, a clown trigger has gone blind. He can't see the food I feed him very well. I have been hand feeding him to assure that he gets enough to live. One day in his blindness, he bit my finger while I was attempting to feed him. It hurt to the point I commented; " I'm not feeding you anymore." ha ha

There are times that our test and struggles  can blind us, to the point that we question God's integrity. "Has the Lord failed me, has He forgotten me; Lord why has this taken place in my life?" If were not careful our anger can bite the hand that is feeding us.

Joseph could have easily turned angry on God. Job as well could have easily said; "God you have messed this one up real good." But notice that these continued in their faith and confidence in God. Job said; "Yet the Lord slay me I will still worship him."

God wants to grow each of us through our difficulties. There is something He wants to do in each of us. Joseph was being stretched as he was taken from a pit in his homeland down to Egypt in a foreign land. He could have gotten angry with God when he was falsely accused by a lying woman had him placed in prison. God was still molding and developing his character and his confidence in his God.

What would have happen to this man had he turned bitter at his brothers, a lying woman, two prisoners who forgot about him? Why didn't dad come looking for me? Why would God allow this nightmare in my life? Will things get any better? Will I ever come out of this vortex, this whirlwind, and this oxymoron in my life?

God says; Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. (Eccl 7:8)  Let me say to you "Pastor, you will come through your nightmare." The deacon, who might have said some ugly things about your future, doesn't have the final say over your life and ministry.

The message here is don't get mad or bite the Hand that is allowing your test, your food, your difficulties in life. Most of us can't handle all the stuff that comes our way, but by the grace of God.

A few years ago, I could have easily turned angry at my setbacks, but instead I chose to believe that all things work together for my good. Yes I'm a better and stronger man today because I refused to bite the Hand that was feeding me. Joseph said in the end to his brothers, " What you did, you meant if for evil, but God has meant it for good" When Job prayed for his friends, God gave him twice what he started with.

Don't be blinded with future blessing that is on the way. These two men passed the test, and refused to become blind and bitter to they're bright-blessed future.
dannysdevotional.com                                                           oceanwayag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment