Friday, March 16, 2012

Trust Your Flesh? (1)


I wish I could tell you that because I have served the Lord for many years that now I can trust my flesh. "NOT" Let him that thinketh he standeth take heed less he fall. ( 1 Cor 12:10) Just before Jesus was to go on trial and be crucified, Jesus ask his disciples to pray with him in the garden of Gethsemane.

Jesus went to his disciples 3 times to wake them up. They continued to nod off to sleep. I'm sure they had a long day with the Lord. Jesus had just shared with them his last supper and now he is moments away before His great test on the cross.

Do you trust your flesh, do you trust your emotions, do you give in to pressure, do you think that the flesh will win out? Paul said;  "I will glory in the cross."(Galatians 6:14) In other words I will put my confidence in the one who won victory over my doubts, over my temptations at the cross. 

There hath no temptation taken you such is common to man. Were all tempted, were all going to get weak. Were all going to put our foot in our mouth, tempted to gossip, tempted to be prideful, tempted to be jealous, tempted to lust, tempted to be angry. So the question is not will I get weak but what am I going to do to overcome?

Refuse to give in to your fleshly motions. One thought leads to your emotions, then to a decision, then to your actions, then to your character. Wake up, don't fall asleep, you can't do this thing without the help of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus victory on the cross came about because of a habit to always get away and spend time with the Father. Have you worked that in your schedule? Have you created habits that are bringing a greater hunger to know Him and His will for your life? 

Time with Him will create dreams and desires of the spirit in your life. You will either feed the flesh or the spirit. You will either get stuck at the bitter waters of Marah or press on to Elim. Just 7 miles past Marah was Elim where they found 70 palm trees and 12 new wells. 

Jesus could have gotten hung up at the bitter cross but looked to the Father to make the bitter waters sweet. It's on the cross, that ugly tree that makes everything beautiful in our lives. Moses cast the tree in the bitter waters and the waters were made sweet.

Choose today to look to the Lord, its in the cross that will find our healing, our deliverance, our peace, our joy, our courage, our strength, our wisdom, our knowing that He is for us.  

I will glory in the cross, friend that's where you and I will find forgiveness and hope for tomorrow.

dannysdevotional.com               

No comments:

Post a Comment