Friday, March 2, 2012

A Heart Turned Rock-Hard

Exodus 7:1-7
Sin will cause your heart to harden against God. Years ago James Dobson tells a story of a pilot that was having engine problems in flight. As the plane was going down, it later revealed what the pilot was saying before impact and destruction?

The black box played back the last words of the pilot. He was not praying or calling on the Lord for mercy, rather he was cursing and swearing hatred against God. Why? Because a sin sick rock hard heart knows nothing but stubbornness and rebellion.

Pharaoh was a king that allowed his heart to become hard against God. Moses came to him time and time and time again to release the children of Israel from captivity. Moses declared unless you release the people, judgment will fall against the gods of Egypt.

God is a God of mercy and compassion, but He's also a God that will bring justice and judgment. Pharaoh refused to allow the people to go until all ten judgments were released onto Egypt.

It's a dangerous thing to ignore the wooing of the Holy Spirit of God. He is a person that has come to convict men of their sin. Why would someone kill and take a life, why would someone steal from his or her  employer, why would someone lie and commit adultery? Why would someone rebel against their parents? It all goes back to hardening our hearts against God.

There are those today that have lived their lives in constant stubbornness. When you resist the God who loves you, you are following your sin sick flesh that will ultimately destroy your life in an eternal hell. It's the god of this world that hath blinded them that believe not.

Pharaoh was warned time and time again to submit to Jehovah God, but his stubbornness brought about more pain than he dreamed or bargained for.

I still remember when the Holy Spirit came and convicted me that I needed Jesus in my life. I was young with a tender heart. I invited him to come in and cleanse me and forgive me of all my sins. I hate to think what I would have missed had I rebelled against God and said "NO."

One day I walked in the hospital to visit an 82-year old dying man. I said to him, "your family has asked me to come and pray with you." He began to curse and swear, "I don't want to know your God, I don't believe in your God." God was offering one more opportunity, one more chance before it was to late. I don't know that the man ever called on God before his last breath. I left asking Lord why? I believe the man had allowed his heart to turn rock-hard.

Call on the Lord while your heart is tender towards Him. If you don't know him, don't reject his love, his mercy, and his plan for your life. Call on Him Now.

oceanwayag.com                                                                 dannysdevotional.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment